First Time Jet Ski in Malta?
Are you planning your first jet ski adventure in the Maltese Islands? Sensi Watersports has everything you need for a fun, exciting time on the water. These valuable tips for jet ski riders will also be helpful if you’re venturing out on your own for the very first time.
1. Stock the Required Equipment
It’s essential to have all of the necessary equipment with you while riding a jet ski. Our jet skis already include many of these items, but it’s a good idea to double-check that you have these essentials before renting the jet ski and go an adventure in the Maltese territorial waters:
- Life jacket for each person
- Approved fire extinguisher
- Whistle or air horn
- Safety lanyard
- Registration information
- Side mirrors
- Personal identification
- Prior Briefing from Instructor
2. Consider Recommended Equipment
While there’s the equipment you must have while riding a jet ski, there are also items that will make your adventure much more enjoyable if you include them each time you’re out riding the waves:
- Smartphone for GPS purposes (in a dry bag)
- First aid kit
- Distress flags
3. Always Wear a Life Jacket
Many jet ski riders, even experienced ones, think it unnecessary to wear a life jacket. Circumstances change quickly on the water. You’ll be glad you kept your life jacket on if you find yourself in the following situations:
- Fallen off the craft
- Physically hurt and unable to swim
- Passed out due to an accident
4. Keep the Safety Lanyard Attached
The safety lanyard is a cord that is attached to both the rider and the jet ski. If, for some reason, you fall off unexpectedly and the lanyard detaches, it automatically kills the engine and stops it from running, avoiding any unnecessary physical accidents to either you or the jet ski.
5. How to turn a jet ski?
Turning a jet ski is a relatively straightforward process, but it’s important to remember a few key points.
1. Before you make any turns, reduce your speed. Jet skis are designed to turn quickly, so it’s important to reduce your speed to ensure you don’t lose control of the vehicle.
2. To turn left, turn the handlebars to the left and lean your body to the left. This will help you to keep your balance and ensure that you don’t lose control of the jet ski.
3. To turn right, turn the handlebars to the right and lean your body to the right. Turning left will help you to keep your balance and ensure that you don’t lose control of the jet ski.
4. When turning, make sure to keep your eyes up and look ahead. This will help you to anticipate any obstacles that may be in your path.
5. Finally, when you are finished turning, straighten the handlebars and return to an upright position. This will help you to maintain control of the jet ski and ensure that you are ready for the next turn.
6. How to ride a first time jet ski in waves?
Riding a jet ski in the waves can be an exciting and thrilling experience, but it is important to be aware of the safety precautions that should be taken. Here are some tips for riding a jetski in the waves:
1. Wear a life jacket: It is important to wear a properly fitting life jacket when riding a jet ski in the waves. This will help to keep you safe in the event of an accident.
2. Check the weather: Before heading out, it is important to check the weather conditions to ensure that the waves are not too high or choppy.
3. Be aware of your surroundings: Be aware of other boats and swimmers in the area and avoid riding too close to them.
4. Use caution when approaching waves: When approaching waves, it is important to use caution and take them at an angle. This will help to reduce the risk of capsizing or being thrown from the jet ski.
5. Have a spotter: It is a good idea to have a spotter with you when riding a jet ski in the waves. This will help to keep an eye out for any potential dangers.
6. Stay in control: Always stay in control of your jetski and do not attempt any dangerous manoeuvres.
Following these tips, you can safely and enjoyably ride a jet ski in the waves.
7. How to ride a jet ski like a pro?
Riding a jet ski like a pro requires some practice and knowledge. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Familiarize yourself with the jet ski. Read the owner’s manual and be aware of all its controls and safety features.
2. Wear the appropriate safety gear, such as a life jacket and a helmet.
3. Make sure the jet ski is in good condition, and all its parts are working properly.
4. Start the jet ski in shallow water and practice manoeuvring it in open water.
5. Get comfortable with the throttle and practice turns and acceleration.
6. Learn how to launch the jet ski from the shore and dock it safely.
7. Familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the area where you plan to ride.
8. Get used to the waves and currents, and practice riding in different weather conditions.
9. Practice riding in a group and learn how to navigate around other jet skis.
10. Always be alert and aware of your surroundings while riding.
Make Memories with Sensi Watersports
Sensi Watersports has a variety of watercraft rentals available in the St Thomas Bay area, such as paddle boat rentals, kayak rentals, kayak tours, and SUP rentals. Contact our friendly office today at (356) 795-934-87 or make your online reservation now.